- This event has passed.
DuPont Building Science Master Summit 2023
May 25 @ 11:00 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Please join us for 3 HSW/LUs, new product launches and “real talk” with experts!
The Building Science Master Summit is back and scheduled for Thursday, May 25! Brought to you by DuPont Performance Building Solutions, American Hydrotech, Inc., Duro-Last Inc., and AEC Daily. The Sustainable Solutions for Building Integration virtual conference will offer 3 HSW/LU CEUs, an industry round table with the market’s leading experts, new and exciting products, and raffle/grand prize giveaways!
May 25 CEU Courses
- 11:00 AM EST for 1 HSW/LU industry panel: Designing Sustainable Materials for Building Integration
- Moderated by: Linda Jeng-Lew, M.A.Sc., DuPont
- Panelists: Mitch Gilbert, Duro-Last; Dr. Michal Porter, DuPont; Dr. Valentina Woodcraft, DuPont; Richard Hayden, American Hydrotech
- The 2022 Inflation Reduction Act shines a light on how low carbon building material selection is one of the keys to reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the U.S. High performance, sustainable products and thoughtful assemblies designed with building life cycle in mind are critical to our sustainable communities of the future. Curious about How It Works? This session will provide a sneak peek on how low carbon and sustainability considerations are activated from product to building designs.
- 12:30 PM EST for 1 HSW/LU: Prioritizing Building Science and Enclosure Performance
- Presented by: Keith P. Nelson, NCARB, AIA, CDT, BCxP, and Gabriel Acevedo, DuPont
- This course is designed to help the commercial building team understand how to best use new products introduced into the market for building enclosures. These innovative products and systems assist in combining multiple steps of a traditional commercial exterior assembly, such as: structure, fire, water, air, thermal, vapor, structure, and acoustic control layers into one or fewer steps. We will review various hybridized sheathing solutions and show how the integration of advanced technology has improved performance, capability, and sustainability.
- 2:15 PM EST for 1 HSW/LU: Making the Practical and Financial Case for Sustainable Roofing Systems
- Presented by: Scott Bieber, Duro-Last and Joe Rofrano, DuPont
- The trend toward sustainable building design took on new dimensions during the pandemic and concurrent supply chain crisis. Coupled with the ongoing dilution of skilled labor in the construction trades, there emerged an increased urgency and opportunity in specifying and installing sustainable roofing systems. This course will highlight options for owners to consider life cycle cost, and lowering embodied carbon through reuse.
Project insights from experts, new product knowledge sessions, fun interactive building science trivia and more!
Event registration through AECDaily: Full Event (11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST or by individual CEUs)