American Hydrotech’s Garden Roof® Assembly allows the design professional to transform virtually any flat or sloped roof (up to 12:12 pitch) into a landscaped environment. Designed as a lightweight, low profile system, the Garden Roof® Assembly can be safely installed on roof and plaza decks not engineered to handle the heavy load requirements of a traditional green roof. And because the assembly incorporates a proven roofing/waterproofing membrane, Hydrotech’s Monolithic Membrane 6125®, the building owner can be assured of a water-tight structure.
The Garden Roof® Assembly provides building owners and tenants with many ecological, technical and economic benefits. Some of the advantages of the Garden Roof® Assembly include:
- Enhances building’s appearance
- Adds space for tenant use and recreation
- Reduces the “Urban Heat Island” problem
- Controls stormwater – retain 50%-90% of a typical rain fall on the roof
- Improves building’s energy efficiency
- Processes airborne toxins and re-oxygenates the air
- Creates therapeutic and peaceful environments
- Offers a Total Assembly Warranty… from the deck up
- Extensive or Intensive Garden Roof® assemblies…
The Extensive Garden Roof® is ideally suited for locations that will receive little or no maintenance, or where structural capabilities are a concern. An Intensive Garden Roof® incorporates plants that require regular maintenance, such as watering, fertilizing and mowing.
Visit www.Hydrotechusa.com/GRPG to download the Garden Roof® Planning Guide app or search for ‘American Hydrotech’ in the iOS App Store. Any iPad user can immediately download the app for a comprehensive guide to vegetative roofs, from concept to completion. Users can also learn about the American Hydrotech Garden Roof® Assembly and its benefits, including economic incentives and environmental factors like stormwater management. The app features pinch-to-zoom product photography, video animations, photo galleries showing Garden Roof® Assemblies in real-world applications, and design considerations.