Position: Garden Roof Technical Representative
Company: American Hydrotech
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Join Sika, a global company established in 1910. Sika is a leading supplier of specialty chemical products and industrial materials serving construction and industrial markets. With subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and in over 300 factories, Sika employs more than 25,000 people.
Sika is a full building envelope company, helping you live your everyday life from below-grade waterproofing all the way up to the roof. From the Staples Center to the Lincoln Memorial to the Empire State Building to Disneyland, Sika is extremely integrated in the world around us.
Sika is a continually growing company with a variety of locations that offers opportunity to advance through career development. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Broad Function and Purpose of Position:
The Technical Representative for the Garden Roof Department of Hydrotech will be responsible for assisting the sales force in closing Sales.
- Assisting the Hydrotech sales force in closing sales of vegetated roof projects by providing Garden Roof technical support of varying types.
- This position involves extensive travel during the spring, summer and fall as vegetated roofs are actively being installed and serviced.
- Providing support to the Hydrotech sales efforts, including calling on customers (architects, contractors and building owners) with the sales team for meetings and presentations as required.
- Assistance and leadership in numerous Garden Roof Department projects including (but not limited to) new vegetated roof plant investigations, plant nutrition and growing media dynamics.
- Provide guidance on green roof specific topics in territory such as wind design, stormwater calculations, etc.
- Coordination with Hydrotech’s Garden Roof suppliers of plant materials, growing media blends and related vegetated roof elements.
- Assistance in resolving any Garden Roof related issues that occur with projects within territory.
- Self-starter who is an active team player with good verbal, phone, presentation and written communication skills.
- 2 to 8+ years of progressively increasing experience is desired.
- A Landscape Architecture, Horticulture or similar degree with expertise in plant materials. A background in construction or landscape operations would be an asset.
- Detail oriented and good with numbers, organized and enjoy being a part of a very fast-paced business environment in which multi-tasking is the daily norm.
- Computer skills needed include Microsoft Office package, concentrating on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. AutoCAD experience is desired.
- Adequate vision (depth perception, peripheral vision, close up vision).
- Ability to climb ladders (occasionally) and stairs.
- May be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at time of roof walks.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds (marketing material, samples).
“Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled”
Building Trust Every Day
Meaningful Work: Sika products enhance our surroundings and the work every employee completes helps positively impact daily lives by making our world stronger, more durable, and more reliable – every day.
Company Culture: Sika centers work culture around entrepreneurship where individuals have the power to make decisions, learn from mistakes, and define their career.
Community Involvement: Sika Corporation takes active roles in our community and aims to support volunteer work and charitable endeavors across the United States through rebuilding and giving back.
Sustainability Initiatives: Sika is committed to sustainable development, reducing environmental impacts, and assuming social responsibility. The company supports energy efficient projects and implements numerous measures aimed to boost economic, social, and ecological sustainability.