Register by September 7 and Save $50!
Countless reasons abound to join colleagues at CitiesAlive: 15th Annual Green Roof & Wall Conference taking place in Seattle, Washington on September 18-21, 2017 at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel. With an all-new theme, Building Resilience and Equity Across Cascadia: People, Community, and Places, you will explore the science behind green roof and wall performance, technology, and design through the lens of the different climates and cities within Cascadia.
Here are 5 reasons why you won’t want to miss this year’s dynamic conference:
1. REGIONAL FOCUS
CitiesAlive 2017 includes over 80 Cascadia-specific, North American, and international expert-led presentations, and an all new In the Design Studio With… session. Keynote speakers include:
- Governor Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington
- Bill Browning, Principal, Terrapin Bright Green
- Bert Gregory, FAIA, Partner, Mithun• Chris Guillard, PLA, Founding Partner, CMG Landscape Architects
- Mami Hara, General Manager / CEO, Seattle Public Utilities
- Jeff Joslin, Director of Current Planning, San Francisco Planning Department
- Gil Kelly, Chief Planner and General Manager, Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability, City of Vancouver
- Paul Kephart, GRP, ASLA, CPSE, CEO & Ecology, Rana Creek Design
- Bob Sallinger, Conservation Director, Audubon Society of Portland
- Amanda Sturgeon, CEO, International Living Future Institute
- Gail Vittori, Co-Director, Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems; Chair, GBCI
- Kathleen Wolf, PhD, Research Social Scientist, University of Washington
- Plus many, many more!
See the full agenda here.
Celebrate the region, make new contacts, and strengthen existing relationships with more networking opportunities than ever! Mingle on the Trade Show Floor with outstanding exhibitors, celebrate Green Roof Professionals at the GRP Welcome Reception, honor colleagues at the Green Roofs for Healthy Cities Awards of Excellence Luncheon, and make new memories at the Local Host Committee Reception taking place at the Seattle Aquarium.
To make it easier than ever, ALL of these outstanding events are INCLUDED in the new Advanced Delegate Pass!
3. EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
With knowledgeable guides leading the way, tour the most interesting green infrastructure projects that Seattle has to offer such as on September 20th and 21st:
- The Bertschi School Tour
- Bellevue City Hall’s Green Roof Tour
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Building’s Green Roof Tour
- Bullitt Center Tour
- Etera’s Mount Vernon Site
- Freeway Park Tour
- High Point Community Tour
- UpGarden P-Patch Community Garden
Whether you are an emerging professional or a seasoned expert the CitiesAlive training courses are carefully curated to meet your learning needs. Choose from five courses including Green Roof Design & Installation, Introduction to Rooftop Urban Agriculture, Advanced Green Roof Maintenance, and new this year, Stormwater Workshop and a Biophilic Design Workshop.
CitiesAlive is pending approval for up to 11 continuing education / professional development credits for LA CES, AIA CES, BOMI, NLAP, APLD, and RCI.
5. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
CitiesAlive programming (Trade Show, all technical sessions, opening & closing plenaries, GRP Welcome Reception, and Awards of Excellence) is taking place at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel – located right in the heart of downtown Seattle. This all-in-one solution ensures you won’t miss a single thing!
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s CitiesAlive and the continued development of the green roof and wall industry.
Early Bird Discount: Register by September 7 to save $50.
Visit CitiesAlive.org to plan your CitiesAlive experience.
~ By Kara Orr
Kara Orr is the marketing coordinator at Green Roofs for Healthy Cities (GRHC), a membership-based industry association developing the green (vegetative) roof and wall industry in North America through education and advocacy. Contact Kara to discuss sponsorship, trade show and programming opportunities.
GRHC’s mission is to increase the awareness of the economic, social and environmental benefits of green roofs and green walls, and other forms of living architecture through education, advocacy, professional development and celebrations of excellence. Visit www.greenroofs.org for more information.
Contact Kara at: firstname.lastname@example.org and 416-971-4494 x226.