Green Roofs for Healthy Cities is hosting a Virtual Symposium on the Integration of Solar Panels with Green Roofs aka Biosolar roofs, on February 15, 2024, from 1-4 pm EST. Register here. This symposium aims to dispel the notion that one must choose between green roofs and solar panels by demonstrating the many benefits of system integration, different technical approaches and opportunities for financing.
Join us and earn CEUs, and learn from industry experts. Don’t miss this opportunity to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and gain insights from leading industry experts. Approved for 3 HSW CEUs by LA CES and GRP, submitted to AIA for 3 HSW CEUs. Secure your spot now by registering for only $39 USD.
In a move towards fostering sustainable practices globally, there have been several innovations in solar energy and green roof technologies. The Solar and Green Roof Integration Virtual Symposium will facilitate a dive into the synergies that emerge when these two environmentally conscious solutions are conjoined.
The lineup of speakers includes:
- Michael Krause: Chief Operating Officer of Renewable Energy Partners – Shedding light on U.S. federal tax incentives and their relation to green roofs.
- Trygve Mongstad: Founder and CEO of Over Easy Solar – Presenting insights into vertical solar PV units for green roofs and their interaction with extensive, sedum based roofs.
- David Brasfield: Chairperson of the Norwegian Association for Green Infrastructure – discussing biosolar roofs, an emerging technology.
- Jörg Breuning: Founder & Owner of Green Roof Technology – Discussing over three decades of marital harmony between solar technology and green roofs.
- Jeremy Lytle: Founder, Sponge MicroGrids – providing case studies of green roofs with solar panels across Canada.
- Steven W. Peck: GRP, Founder and President, GRHC – Overview the need to combine rather than compete these technologies.
This symposium promises to be an invaluable resource for architects, developers, and sustainability enthusiasts aiming to create environmentally conscious buildings and projects. Attendees will have the opportunity to earn 3 HSW CEUs approved by LA CES, AIA and approved for GRP CEUs.
To secure your spot at the Virtual Symposium on February 15, 1 to 4 pm EST, and explore the convergence of solar panels and green roofs, register today.
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities is a non-profit 501(c)(6) professional industry association working to grow the green roof and wall industry throughout North America since 1999. Our mission is to develop and protect the market by increasing the awareness of the economic, social, and environmental benefits of green roofs, green walls, and other forms of living architecture through education, advocacy, professional development, and celebrations of excellence.