Vancouver, BC, Canada – (September 6, 2022) – Architek Sustainable Building Products Inc. is a full-service design-build company specializing in the area of Living Architecture technologies namely: green roofs, living facades and site water management solutions.
As part of our continued efforts to provide the most cost effective green roof solutions while providing the highest performance for our engineered green roof systems, Architek Sustainable Building Products Inc. is pleased to announce the following:
Join The Architek Group to help open our new Cambridge Office/Warehouse and learn about Stainless Steel and Living Building Systems on September 22, 2022 from 8:00am – 5:00pm EDT at The Architek Group Toronto Office located at 55 Fleming Drive, Unit 18-19, Cambridge, ON N1T 2A9, Canada.
LU Accredited Learning Sessions on Green Roof, Green Walls & Living Architecture
as well as Stainless Steel Cable For Architecture available now.
Book & Schedule
GET UP TO 50% OFF TICKETS when you Register before September 10th!
About this event:
- 6 Accredited Learning Sessions with OAA
- Exceptional Keynote and Session Speakers from the World’s Best in Architecture and Building Materials
- Complimentary Uber voucher up to $100.00, plus 25% OFF your ticket with the code: ARCHITEK-25. Driving to the event yourself and in no need of the complimentary Uber voucher? Get 50% OFF your ticket with the code: ARCHITEK-50
- Fully Catered Breakfast, Lunch and Wine, Beer & Snacks
Featured Keynote Speaker: Mr. Kai-Uwe Bergmann – BIG
Kai-Uwe Bergmann, FAIA is a Partner at BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) who brings his architectural expertise to proposals around the globe, including work in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Kai-Uwe heads up BIG’s business development–which currently has the office working in over 40 different countries.
Learning Sessions from:
- Mr. Peter Jakob the CEO of Jakob Rope Systems, the world’s leading manufacturer and innovator in stainless steel cable for architecture. Peter’s home is in Switzerland near the head office for Jakob AG. He will be speaking about Jakob’s 115-year history and the recent new product developments in stainless steel cable for architecture with a final focus on the new state of art, award winning factory in Vietnam with numerous biophilic and sustainable features.
- Mr. Jeff McClusky, Managing Director at The Architek Group. The focus will be on Rope and Cable Canada’s role as the design/build partner and exclusive distributor for Jakob Rope systems in Canada. Jeff will speak about Jakob rope systems hardware and products and how they apply in various architectural applications: green façade systems, catenary lighting, bridge safety netting and architectural art. Jeff will wrap up with an in depth look at cable and webnet railing systems as an alternate to tempered glass in high rise and other commercial applications.
- Mr. Jordan Rice who is an Associate Architect at Omar Gandhi Architects. Jordan will discuss the award-winning new viewing platform project at the iconic Peggy’s Cove site in Nova Scotia. A spectacular and fully accessible, viewing deck at one of Canada’s most recognized locations which features a Jakob webnet railing system.
- Ronald P. Schwenger – President, The Architek Group – Changing the Nature of Architecture: Living Architecture Systems in Urban Cities – Green roofs, green walls, and site water management. Detailed look at engineered green roof systems and benefits complimented by an overview on living facades and walls and site water management. The presentation’s theme & focus being: A Biophilic approach to buildings.
- Steve Williams & Neil Courneya – from ABT – High Water Detention Blue Roofs using Permavoid systems will be discussing high-capacity retention and detention systems for storm water. This discussion will include Blue/Green roof systems and automated control options for a fully integrated approach to site water management.
- Roxanne Miller, Associate Soprema/Sopranature – Building Envelope systems for green buildings. Roxanne and her associate will speak about various building envelope waterproofing systems option for biophilic applications on commercial buildings.