Now in our fourteenth year of presenting our popular series, and as promised, we’re releasing our brand new video, the “2020 Top 10 List of Hot RESILIENT Trends in Greenroof & Greenwall Design Plus a Look into 2021.”
To meet conference presentation deadlines, I usually compile my yearly Top 10 List by about October (sometimes much earlier). But with the COVID-19 pandemic, I had a few extra months or so to really, completely, identify all those projects through the end of 2020 which I believe merited being included.
Watch the “2020 Top 10 List of Hot RESILIENT Trends in Greenroof & Greenwall Design Plus a Look into 2021” video available NOW from Greenroofs.com
And since I had no time limits but my own, you can enjoy our video at your leisure, perhaps with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine? One, it’s a celebration of living architecture at its best, and two, it’s still OK to say, “Happy New Year!”
Due to the serious nature of the pandemic and our political and cultural climate, at first I wasn’t going to include my funny examples, but then figured we all needed a bit of a laugh, right? Enjoy:
After careful consideration, these are the Top 10 categories for 2020, all defined in terms of their Resiliency application:
2020 Greenroofs.com Top 10 List of Hot RESILIENT Trends
in Greenroof & Greenwall Design:
10) Client Specific ‘Boutique’ Greenroofs & Greenwalls
9) Reflections of Nature: The Building as Public & Private Art
8) New Ways to Work Healthily in the Wake of COVID-19
7) Genius Loci – Spirit of Place to Soothe Your Soul
6) Environmental Resiliency Via a Climate Responsive Typology
5) Resiliency Through Diversity & Cultural Identity
4) Revitalizing Waterfronts: Landscaped Refuges as Redevelopment
3) Timber Rising for Climate Change Policy
2) Creating Environmental Sustainability with Science, Technology & Green Zones
1) The Post-Crisis City: Rethinking Sustainable Vertical Urbanism
Greenroofs.com has been bringing the latest projects in chic sustainability to the living architecture community since 2007. If you’d like to have us consider your own project in 2021, please let us know about it!
Put us on your media distribution or newsletter list, plus you can always reach me at: email@example.com and (770) 772-7334 & (888) 477-1326.
For those who aren’t interested in watching my 59:58-long video at one time, you can also just see the individual categories, too, on our Greenroofs.com channel on YouTube. Plus, I’ll be counting down the 2020 RESILIENT Top 10 categories weekly here as well.
Until then, let’s try and work together to create a healthier, safer and more sustainable & tolerant RESILIENT United States of America and world in 2021. We cannot and will not tolerate subversion, insurrection, and attack on our democracy, ever! And, united, we can deal and eventually conquer this pandemic, too.
Love the Earth, Plant a Roof (or Wall)!