Call for Short Videos for Round #2 of Greenroofs.com’s 2017 Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summit: Connecting the Planet + Living Architecture!
Do you have or would you like to create an original, under 10-minute video (NOT overtly self-promotional) about: a project you’re working on (or a recently completed one), a short tour you just did, a revolutionary idea, or simply commentary?
If you’d like to share your experience with our green infrastructure community, the Call for Short Videos is for you! And as an attendee, you’ll also be supporting our work.
Because the internet is open to the world (in theory, of course), with the Virtual Summits people from across the globe can not only watch expert subject matter videos, but have everyone watch theirs, too.
Most noteworthy, we’ll be featuring new under 10 minute videos from our 2017 Virtual Summit attendees – along with our stellar cast of Keynotes and Speaker videos from Round #1.
Completely held online at virtual.greenroofs.com.
September 29, 2017: Deadline for sending in the short videos.
October 16: Virtual Summit 2017 Round #2 will be open, and like Round #1 will run through the end of the year.
Mid-November: New global social media events start, and once again will be Free and Open to Everyone!
Why a Round #2?
First of all, the potential for readership/audience engagement in our online Virtual Summits is huge – endless, really. And, participating in the Virtual Summit 2017 is a smart way to promote yourself:
Get your bio included on the Speakers page along with your short video on the Agenda.
Send us a current video (within one year or so) or get out your cameras or smart phones and film! To participate you must be a registered attendee – if you’re not yet, we’re offering special discounted pricing of half off the regular price of $49 to get your cameras rolling:
Discounted Registration Fee: $25
People still enjoy watching the longer videos from their favorite speakers and attention-grabbing or important subjects. Yet, due to the trend towards shorter videos – anywhere from 1 to 5, perhaps up to 10 minutes long, this is your chance to get noticed.
We have an opportunity to attract more viewers to the Virtual Summit 2017 and You can receive name recognition since Millennials and Baby Boomers alike are responding to quicker messages and visuals.
Most of all, people use Social Media for networking! Our Virtual Summits are not only to share information and inspire others, but a tool to engage fellow living architecture colleagues. Stay tuned for more live events in November.
Subject Examples to Share:
- You or your firm/organization is working on (or finished) a really cool project that you have short film of – or create a new one (cannot be product-oriented, it would need to be project-oriented) – it’s fine to be a little self-promotional!
- You’re fascinated with a particular plant or plant community for living roofs or walls.
- You’ve always wanted to interview that special someone.
- Your own related conference/workshop/seminar is coming up – tell us about it.
- You have a new book coming out (yes, a little commercial, but informational as well).
- Within the not-so-distant past you went on a fantastic greenroof or wall tour and want to share your footage.
- As a researcher or student you may have recently spent a lot time (and money) creating a poster board for a conference or class – share it with like-minded people.
- Professors and teachers: you could get your entire class to create a video of snippets from each student.
- You have an idea for the public good or our planet as a whole.
- You’re working on a new product that could revolutionize the industry.*
All attendees can create and share their under 10-minute videos, subject to appropriate matter to be determined by Greenroofs.com.
NOTE: The Round #2 videos are not meant to be overtly commercial (no product endorsements, please) – if this is the case, you may want to consider exhibiting at the Expo at a very low cost: $400 for Greenroofs.com advertisers/$500 for non-advertisers.
- Must be a completed video under 10 minutes in any film format.
- After registering, send us: your photo, 2-3 line bio including any of your social media links you’d like to add to your profile, video title and short description, and a photo/screenshot of your video to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to send us your finished video:
1. Share or Transfer your files via any of the available tools online (i.e. Dropbox, Hightail, WeTransfer, etc.) that you are currently using.
2. Use this link to upload your files to us: https://www.dropbox.com/request/EhU2RqJptdp4L4zupao6
More Reasons to Attend the Virtual Summit 2017: Connecting the Planet + Living Architecture
- To begin with, watch long, short, and in between videos at your leisure at the convenience of your phone, tablet, laptop, computer, or on any streaming device.
- Don’t miss outstanding videos from our inspiring Virtual Summit 2017 Keynotes:
Here are just a few of the engaging video speakers from Round #1:
See all of our wonderful presenters on the Speakers page.
- Connect or re-connect with thought leaders, visionaries, and colleagues near and far across the globe.
- Don’t forget the awesome Continuing Education Credits! Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, the North American green roof industry association, is offering credits for the GRP, Green Roof Professional, up to a total of 10 CEUs.
- Finally, discounted fees are being offered to attendees who participate in the Call for Short Under 10-Minute Videos!
Support Our Work, Too
Thank you to our awesome Sponsors and Exhibitors, especially rooflite®!
NOTE: Sponsorships are ongoing and available through the end of December. Interested in supporting our work? Contact us at: email@example.com.
It’s time to jump back in and join Greenroofs.com online for our unique 2017 Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summit: Connecting the Planet + Living Architecture.
Follow all the event updates using #virtualsummit2017 on Twitter. The next Virtual Summit will be held in two years, so we hope to add your voice to our exclusive online production and watch some of your work now!
Love the Earth, Plant a Roof (or Wall)!
By Linda S. Velazquez, ASLA, LEED AP, GRP
Greenroofs.com Publisher & Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summit Host
Register now and join us online for our 2017 Virtual Summit through December, 2017. Submit your Under 10-Minute Video by September 29 ~ Round #2 starts on October 16!