Position: Garden Roof District Sales Manager
Company: American Hydrotech / a Sika Corporation Company
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
With over 100 years of experience, Sika is a worldwide innovation and sustainability leader in the development and production of systems and products for commercial and residential construction, as well as the marine, automotive, and renewable energy manufacturing industries. Sika has offices in over 100 countries with over 300 manufacturing facilities and more than 27,000 employees worldwide. With annual sales of 11.4 + billion dollars in 2022, our commitment to quality, innovation, and the environment as well as putting our customer’s needs first, encompasses why Sika is the global leader in our industries.
American Hydrotech / a Sika Corporation Company is a manufacturer of high quality, waterproofing products and garden roof assemblies. With over 60 years’ experience, Hydrotech’s waterproofing assemblies are recognized by architects and building owners alike for their ability to last the serviceable life of a building structure. Our solutions are successful, and we service our customers by providing beneficial support in the form of comprehensive design review and technical advice from the inception to the completion of the building’s construction. The candidate for this position needs to have excellent communication, organizational and writing skills, knowledgeable about garden roofs, landscape architecture, stormwater management, and the ability to travel to a variety of territories on the west coast.
The position of Garden Roof Sales District Manager will be responsible for sales performance of the Southern California and Hawaii sales regions, as well for assisting Hydrotech’s Regional Manager and the team of independent representatives for the entire west coast territory in facilitating opportunities, assisting architects, landscape architects, and civil engineers with their specific project designs, and supporting the team in closing sales for Hydrotech’s Waterproofing, Stormwater Management and Garden Roof Assembly.
- Communicate and supervise within the District, Regional sales strategies, goals, objectives and plans to meet District initiatives, sales and gross margin objectives.
- Assist Hydrotech’s team of independent representatives in facilitating opportunities and closing sales of vegetated roof projects by providing garden roof support of varying types.
- Manage, mentor and coach assets within the district to accomplish sales goals and objectives.
- Increase the brand recognition of Hydrotech’s extensive overburden offerings including all garden roof components, ballast paver & pedestal assemblies, Gardnet cellular containment system for sloped roofs, and various blue, purple, and green roof assemblies.
- Actively close sales – includes calling on customers (architects, landscape architects, landscape contractors, civil engineers, and building owners), scheduling meetings and performing presentations in the aforementioned territories as required.
- Assistance and leadership in numerous internal Garden Roof Department projects including (but not limited to) new vegetated roof plant investigations, plant nutrition and growing media dynamics.
- Maintain and review weekly sales activity and monthly reports from all sales personnel within the district.
- Provide monthly reporting to Senior Management.
- Provide yearly business plan for growth to Senior Management.
- Provide guidance on green roof specific topics within the territory (inclusive of but not limited to) wind uplift design criteria, stormwater management calculations, and working directly with local media blenders in all territories to facilitate specific project needs.
Skills you`ll need:
- Highly motivated self-starter who is an active team player with good verbal, phone, presentation and written communication skills.
- 2 to 8+ years of progressively increasing experience is desired.
- A Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, or similar degree with expertise in plant materials. A background in construction or landscape operations would be an asset.
- Detail oriented and good with numbers, organized and enjoy being a part of a very fast-paced business environment in which multi-tasking is the daily norm.
- Computer skills needed include Microsoft Office package, concentrating on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. AutoCAD and/or SalesForce.com experience are desirable.
- Adequate vision (depth perception, peripheral vision, close up vision).
- Ability to climb ladders (occasionally) and stairs.
- May be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at time of roof walks.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds (marketing material, samples).
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish).
Building Trust Every Day:
Competitive Benefits- Health Insurance, 401k with company match, year-end profit-sharing bonus, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Meaningful Work- Sika products enhance our surroundings and the work every employee completes helps positively impact daily lives by making our world stronger, more durable, and more reliable – every day.
Company Culture- Sika centers work culture around entrepreneurship where individuals have the power to make decisions, learn from mistakes, and define their career.
Community Involvement- Sika Corporation takes active roles in our community and aims to support volunteer work and charitable endeavors across the United States through rebuilding and giving back.
Sustainability Initiatives- Sika is committed to sustainable development, reducing environmental impacts, and assuming social responsibility. The company supports energy efficient projects and implements numerous measures aimed to boost economic, social, and ecological sustainability.
“Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled”
Sika Corporation is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals that apply. As an equal opportunity employer Sika will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other protected characteristics.
Job Category: Sales / Order Processing
Job ID: 12988BR