Position: Site Superintendent
Company: Recover Green Roofs
Location: In person – Greater Boston, MA
Hours: Flexible, depending upon individual availability and Recover project needs
Compensation: $75,000 – $90,000, based on relevant experience and education
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, 401K, PTO, Sick, Holidays, Continuing Education, Phone, Gear
Recover seeks qualified applicants for the full-time, year-round Site Superintendent role. The Site Superintendent has complete oversight of all aspects pertaining to the jobsite. This includes responsibility for coordinating all the production work and daily activities.
- Assist the Project Manager in all aspects of the project to maintain onsite production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
- Coordinate closely with PM, build crew, and other Recover departments to ensure quality project execution.
- Review scope of work and all construction documents including details and specifications, understanding documents thoroughly to communicate to build crew.
- Maintain constant communication with PM to report on all scopes of the project as it progresses.
- Manage and direct build crew to complete shared daily, weekly, and finish line goals.
- Schedule build crew, taking into consideration jobsite progress, weather, and deliveries. Communicate start times, meeting points.
- Identify daily/weekly on-site resources required including material orders and deliveries and coordinate/allocate purchasing accordingly.
- Manage all site logistics and coordinate with everyone onsite to ensure smooth operation.
- Be the Competent Person assessing & managing safety hazards throughout construction.
- Manage quality and safety standards and assure they are being followed properly by all workers including ensuring proper PPE use.
- Use proper judgement in using corrective action or escalating issues to PM.
- Monitor project progress and expenditures including labor costs and communicate potential issues to PM.
- Complete required documentation as required by PM or by contract.
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor subcontractors’ onsite activities.
- Safely operate Recover vehicles and equipment in adherence with company policy.
- Act as a Recover ambassador and be a positive Recover representative.
As Recover is a growing company, this position has the potential to grow and develop based on our everchanging needs and subject to the successful completion of a standard 90-day evaluation period.
- Must have 5+ years experience leading crews on construction sites.
- Competent person who can identify jobsite hazards.
- Must be able to read and follow construction documents.
- Must have excellent powers of communication and problem solving skills.
- Must have an innate attention-to-detail and the ability to self-pace.
- Experienced and comfortable working with hands and power tools and comfortable teaching others proper use.
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving in Boston required.
- Experience working with plants and irrigation systems a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- This position may be exposed to an array of working environments, from our office in Somerville to open-air roofs exposed to high temperatures and/or rain.
- Must be comfortable working on roofs under adverse weather conditions.
- Non-routine overnight travel based on business needs.
- Occasional scheduled work required on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Handling of and/or exposure to potentially hazardous materials.
About Recover Green Roofs:
Recover is a small but growing Boston-based green roofing company working with clients to design, build, and maintain rooftop gardens, amenity spaces, roof decks, and farms throughout New England. Recover works with a wide array of clients – from universities to private residences to restaurants.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and will never discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, military or uniform service membership, or any other as-yet unmentioned legally recognized basis.
If you’re passionate about plants, sustainable building, New England, and working with a rad group of people, this is a special opportunity to grow with a great company.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected] and use the subject heading “Application for Site Superintendent.”