Position: Inside Sales Representative
Company: American Hydrotech
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Join Sika, a global company established in 1910. Sika is a leading supplier of specialty chemical products and industrial materials serving construction and industrial markets. With subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and in over 300 factories, Sika employs more than 25,000 people.
Sika is a full building envelope company, helping you live your everyday life from below-grade waterproofing all the way up to the roof. From the Staples Center to the Lincoln Memorial to the Empire State Building to Disneyland, Sika is extremely integrated in the world around us.
Sika is a continually growing company with a variety of locations that offers opportunity to advance through career development. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
American Hydrotech manufactures high quality waterproofing and roofing membranes. With over 50 years of experience, Hydrotech’s roofing and waterproofing systems are recognized for their high quality and long term performance. Sika Corporation is a global company with more than 17,000 employees in 84 countries.
The key focus of the Inside Sales Representative is to increase the level of our product and system sales. The ideal candidate will possess excellent phone selling skills, personal initiative and work well in a team selling environment. The compensation includes competitive salary plus commission based on individual performance. The position is located on our Chicago office and will include an initial training period where you will learn about the overall construction industry as well as commercial roofing and waterproofing. Your education will be through hands on training and working with your field sales team.
The responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- Work closely with architects, consultants and building owners to assess project opportunities and determine appropriate product offering.
- Develop sales opportunities in specified markets and work with field sales counterparts to manage and track projects.
- Jointly accountable to exceed specific, quantifiable objectives related to sales from leads developed for the field.
We Need Your Skills
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree
- 1-3+ years of B2B Inside Sales experience
The ideal candidate should have the following personal skills and abilities:
- Prior experience in the construction, building materials or roofing industries
- Professional Aptitude with good problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Windows Applications (Microsoft, Word, Excel)
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM technology
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Good follow up skills
“Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled”
Building Trust Every Day
Meaningful Work: Sika products enhance our surroundings and the work every employee completes helps positively impact daily lives by making our world stronger, more durable, and more reliable – every day.
Company Culture: Sika centers work culture around entrepreneurship where individuals have the power to make decisions, learn from mistakes, and define their career.
Community Involvement: Sika Corporation takes active roles in our community and aims to support volunteer work and charitable endeavors across the United States through rebuilding and giving back.
Sustainability Initiatives: Sika is committed to sustainable development, reducing environmental impacts, and assuming social responsibility. The company supports energy efficient projects and implements numerous measures aimed to boost economic, social, and ecological sustainability.