Position: Green Roof Technician I
Employer: Living Roofs, Inc.
Location: Asheville, NC, USA
Founded in 2006, Living Roofs Inc. (LRI) is an established expert and leader in the field of Green Roofs and Living Walls. We hold true to our pioneering spirit—designing, installing and maintaining projects from coast to coast. We have worked in urban and rural areas on projects both residential and public. Our dedication to a more colorful and sustainable future through the growth and development of Green Roofs is matched only by our commitment to our clients.
- Install green roof base components
- Plant perennials, shrubs, and trees
- Install irrigation systems
- Identify and mechanically remove weeds from established green roofs
- Install pedestal paver systems
- Use power equipment, including drills, sawzalls, angle grinders, etc.
- Load/unload trucks with equipment, tools, and materials
- Transport crew members, equipment, tools, and materials to job sites
- Work safely at all times
- Familiarity working in landscape, construction, or other related industries
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather and be on your feet 6 or more hours a day
- Valid driver’s license, clean record
- Able to travel regularly for project work
- Able to lift 50 lbs and be able to bend, kneel, and/or squat for extended periods of time
- Familiarity working with power tools and driving trucks
- First Aid/CPR/AED
Pay/Benefits: Living Wage rate for Buncombe County by WNC Economics – $19/HR. Following 90 days of employment, benefits to include accrued PTO, ability to participate in company retirement plan, 6 paid holidays (New Years Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day).
To Apply: Please email [email protected] your resume, references, and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you believe you’d be a good fit for this position.