Position: Green Roof Technician II
Employer: Living Roofs, Inc.
Location: Asheville, NC, USA
Founded in 2006, Living Roofs Inc. (LRI) is an established expert and leader in the field of Green Roofs and Living Walls. LRI is based in Asheville, NC, and services the Southeastern region where we design, build and maintain green roofs of all scales and types from small residential to large, complex construction projects.
LRI is seeking a Green Roof Technician II to join our team, with a positive attitude, punctuality, and a willingness to travel throughout the Southeast (VA, TN, NC, SC, GA). No green roof experience is necessary. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for growth in the company.
- Install green roof base components
- Plant perennials, shrubs, and trees
- Install irrigation systems
- Mechanically remove weeds from established green roofs
- Install pedestal paver systems
- Use power equipment, including drills, sawzalls, angle grinders, etc.
- Securely load/unload trucks with equipment, tools, and materials
- Transport crew members, equipment, tools, and materials to job sites
- Provide guidance to Green Roof Technician I
- 1 year experience working in landscaping, construction or related industry
- 3 months or more experience working on green roof installations and maintenance
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Valid driver’s license, clean record
- Able to travel regularly for project work
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated great attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrated team player
- Demonstrated punctuality and communication
- Certifications/Trainings: First Aid/CPR/AED, Construction Roadway Temporary Traffic Control
- OSHA 10
- Rigging & Signal Person
Pay/Benefits: $19-$20/HR. Following 90 days of employment, benefits to include accrued PTO, ability to participate in company retirement plan, 6 paid holidays (New Years Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day).
To Apply: Please email [email protected] your resume, references, and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you believe you’d be a good fit for this position.
This position is part-full time (30-40 hrs./week).