Position: Green Roof Technician I
Employer: Living Roofs, Inc.
Location: Asheville, NC, USA
Founded in 2006, Living Roofs Inc. (LRI) is an established expert and leader in the field of Green Roofs and Living Walls. LRI is based in Asheville, NC, and services the Southeastern region where we design, build and maintain green roofs of all scales and types from small residential to large, complex construction projects.
LRI is seeking a Green Roof Technician I to join our team, with a positive attitude, punctuality, and a willingness to travel throughout the Southeast (VA, TN, NC, SC, GA). No green roof experience is necessary. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for growth in the company.
- Install green roof base components
- Plant perennials, shrubs, and trees
- Install irrigation systems
- Identify and mechanically remove weeds from established green roofs
- Install pedestal paver systems
- Use power equipment, including drills, sawzalls, angle grinders, etc.
- Load/unload trucks with equipment, tools, and materials
- Transport crew members, equipment, tools, and materials to job sites
- Work safely at all times
- Familiarity working in landscape, construction, or other related industries
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Valid driver’s license, clean record
- Able to travel regularly for project work
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Familiarity working with power tools and driving trucks
- First Aid/CPR/AED
Pay/Benefits: Living Wage rate for Buncombe County by WNC Economics (currently $17.50) – $19/HR. Following 90 days of employment, benefits to include accrued PTO, ability to participate in company retirement plan, 6 paid holidays (New Years Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day).
To Apply: Please email [email protected] your resume, references, and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you believe you’d be a good fit for this position.
This position is part-full time (30-40 hrs./week).