Position: Green Roof Maintenance Manager
Company: Apex Green Roofs
Location: Newbury, MA, USA
Apex Green Roofs is a small design-build green roof company based in Newbury, MA. We have installed over 100 green roofs in the New England area over the course of the last 13 years. Green roofs are more frequently being integrated into large and small scale construction and design projects due to their substantial environmental benefits as well as their unique aesthetic.
Apex is currently seeking an individual with excellent communication skills and a thorough knowledge and love for plants to join our small team. The Apex team works throughout the region and employees should expect to travel throughout ME, VT, NY, MA, CT, NH, RI, to maintain and install green roofs. The Apex office is located in Newbury, MA but the maintenance team will travel nearly daily to different sites. Candidates should be prepared to travel to Boston frequently, and make trips out of state every few weeks.
- Responsible for coordinating with property managers and contacts at all green roof sites to schedule visits.
- Take detailed records of the status of each roof’s health and document progress throughout the season.
- Perform maintenance tasks needed at each roof (includes; weeding, watering, fertilizing, soil testing, planting, etc.)
- Must be able to climb ladders and carry some heavy materials.
- Record detailed hours and communicate with office manager to conduct prompt and accurate billing.
Please email [email protected] your resume and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you believe you’d be a good fit for this position.
This line of work is seasonal, we are looking for someone to work part-full time (32-40+ hrs./week) from April through the end of the growing season (October/November), with possible opportunity to continue on part time in the off season.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour depending on experience.
Much of our work is conducted outdoors at 6ft. minimum distance from any other team member. When we do need to be in physical contact with another person it is required to wear a proper mask covering and wash hands at regular intervals when working indoors.