Position: Urban Landscape Installation Crew Member
Company: New York Green Roofs
Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA
We are New York Green Roofs and we create some of the world’s most iconic rooftop landscapes. As our portfolio grows so do our career opportunities for efficient, poised team-players. We love what we do and are looking for those of you who share our passion to join us in creating cutting-edge rooftop experiences for our valued clients. Ideal candidates will have a a can-do attitude, relentless positivity, strong work ethic, neat work habits, and be on time every day.
Installation tasks include careful conveyance of materials to rooftops (sometimes through finished buildings), detailing green roof build-ups using specialized components, integrating hardscape materials such as planters, pavers, decking, low-voltage landscape lighting, and automated irrigation systems. The position will require use of hand and power tools, collaborative work with other trades, proper planting of trees, shrubs, grasses and perennials following the designer’s intent, and finishing spaces for use with final clean up and set up.
If you have the ability to see the big picture while being attentive to details and can prioritize tasks to complete work within budget and on time, we’ve got a great opportunity for you!
- Driving and occasional weekend work will also be required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as autonomously in all weather conditions.
- On-the-job and ongoing professional training provided.
- 1+ year prior landscaping experience, familiarity with the construction industry, valid/clean driver’s license, ability to lift and carry 50lbs, OSHA 30 or NYC SST card required (training available).
- Knowledge of sound horticultural practices, plant ID, experience with drip-irrigation and lighting systems a plus.
Starting rate of pay $17-22.50/hour commensurate with experience and qualifications. Professional growth within the company is a focus at New York Green Roofs. Motivated individuals will have the opportunity to learn and advance into crew leadership position (and beyond). We offer comprehensive benefits, paid time off, a work environment and culture unlike any other.
This is a full time, seasonal position. Applications accepted throughout January 2020. Hiring and on-boarding process to begin late winter.
Email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]