Furbish is hiring a Green Roof DC Maintenance Crew Leader
Position: Green Roof DC Maintenance Crew Leader
Location: Washington, DC
Furbish specializes in green roofs, green walls, and living systems. With a driving passion for innovation and a deep commitment to sustainability, we provide systems that utilize nature’s processes to create synergy between the built environment and its inhabitants. Furbish is dedicated to maximizing asset value via ecosystem services. Our Stewardship Departments execute the ongoing maintenance for these green systems. We use the term “stewardship” because our approach is to offer oversight of evolving ecology principles rather than strict adherence to original “plans and specs.” We maintain crews from the Baltimore office and from the DC location.
We’re looking for a seasoned commercial landscape crew leader who can manage crews of 4-6 individuals to provide reliable ongoing care (weeding, nutrient management, pruning, replanting & irrigation) on a large portfolio of commercial green roofs in metro DC, while inspiring the crew members to high performance. This person needs to be a critical thinker, competent in all aspects of establishing and maintaining healthy vegetative green roof coverage, who understands that safety is always of the utmost priority and can execute the relevant tasks while delivering remarkable customer experience and targeted profit margin.
- College education is desired. High school (GED) education is expected, but not required. Proven OTJ experience supersedes formal education.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal; may conduct assessment tests.
- Ability to use digital communication programs and devices, i.e. email, reporting software, time sheet app, iPad, laptop.
- General health, strength, and stamina to ensure reliable attendance and performance. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Transportation and/or capacity to arrive to work on time every day.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; someone who can lead by example, manage with respect and inspire to high performance and morale.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please visit our Careers page.