Furbish is hiring a Installation Crew Leader – Living Roofs
Position: Installation Crew Leader – Living Roofs
Location: Mid Atlantic
Furbish specializes in green roofs, green walls, and living systems. With a driving passion for innovation and a deep commitment to sustainability, we provide systems that utilize nature’s processes to create synergy between the built environment and its inhabitants. Furbish is dedicated to maximizing asset value via ecosystem services. Our Installation Department executes projects – predominantly green roofs, but occasionally BioWalls, or other niche projects.
We’re looking for a seasoned commercial construction crew leader who can manage crews of 4-6 men to execute projects to “plans and specs,” on time and within budget, while inspiring the crew members to high performance. This person needs to be a critical thinker, competent in all aspects of Installation work, who understands that safety is always of the utmost priority and can execute the relevant tasks to deliver healthy living roof coverage without sacrificing the company objectives of great customer experience and targeted profit margin.
- Installation experience with living roofs (preferred) but open to someone with extensive landscaping experience that can be rapidly applied to our specific work.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; someone who can lead by example, manage with respect and inspire to high performance and morale.
- Experience in the mid-Atlantic marketplace.
- A passion for positive work ethic; someone who is energized by significant entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- College education is desired, but not required. High school (GED) education is expected, but not required. Proven OTJ experience supersedes formal education.
- General health, strength, and stamina to ensure reliable attendance and performance.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please visit our Careers page.