Position: Garden Roof Technical Sales Coordinator
Employer: American Hydrotech, Inc.
Location: Chicago, IL
American Hydrotech, Inc., the nation’s leading manufacturer, marketer and provider of vegetative roof technology is seeking a Chicago-based, full time Technical Sales Coordinator to join our Garden Roof Department.
This person’s responsibilities would include:
- Assisting the Hydrotech sales force in closing sales of vegetated roof projects by providing Garden Roof technical support of varying types.
- This position involves travel during the spring, summer and fall as vegetated roofs are actively being installed and serviced as well as providing support to the Hydrotech sales efforts.
- Assistance and leadership in numerous Garden Roof Department projects including (but certainly not limited to) new vegetated roof plant investigations, plant nutrition and growing media dynamics.
- Coordination with Hydrotech’s Garden Roof suppliers of plant materials, growing media blends and related vegetated roof elements.
- Assistance in resolving any issues that occur with projects within territory.
We seek an individual with the following characteristics:
- Self-starter who is an active team player with good verbal, phone, presentation and written communication skills.
- 5 to 8+ years of progressively increasing experience is desired.
- A Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineer or Horticulture degree with 5 to 8+ years of progressively increasing experience is a high priority including deep interests in plant materials. A background in construction, nursery or landscape operations would be considered a plus.
- Detail oriented and good with numbers, organized and enjoy being a part of a very fast-paced business environment in which multi-tasking is the daily norm.
- Computer skills needed include Microsoft Office package, concentrating on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer top salary, bonus and profit sharing plus 401k and excellent medical benefits.
Our offices are in a Chicago lakefront location near Navy Pier.