Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summit 2019
We’ve Extended the Call for Videos for our 2019 Greenroofs & Walls of the World Virtual Summit to June 14!
The 2019 Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summit – Greenroofs.com’s 5th completely online conference – will be held Live in September.
Held biennially since 2011, the Mission of the Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summits is to inform, share, and create a global social media experience online for learning and networking via the power of the Internet – and we’d love to have you join us as a speaker!
The theme of the 2019 Virtual Summit:
“Cooling a Warming Planet with Living Architecture”
The climate crisis is now and we need to embrace bold solutions and address it in many ways, especially with nature-based design and projects that promote green infrastructure as well as those with social and socially equitable benefits.
Encompassing a broad range of design solutions and a diverse community of multi-disciplinary professionals are crucial in our effort to mitigate and reverse the cataclysmic effects of human induced global warming.
Unique in our industry, the Greenroofs.com Virtual Summits are community destinations that allow you to connect with everyone and experience greenroofs, greenwalls, and green living infrastructure online. Participants have an incredible opportunity to learn about innovative site-specific, cultural, and climatic approaches in living architecture and – this time around – some transformative climate policy.
And with our social media and live events, you can connect and meet awesome experts and practitioners – all with with no carbon footprint!
Call for Video Abstracts
New this year and for the first time, we are issuing an Open Call for Videos! Do you have something unique and interesting to share with the world regarding “Cooling a Warming Planet with Living Architecture?” We’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for creative videos about 10 – 30 minutes in length of ideas, people & projects talking about how design can and does address climate change. We are open to videos from both individuals and multi-speakers either in a panel-type or multiple interview format. Think of your video as an interactive live presentation that is prerecorded by you speaking to your passion, perhaps outside, in your office, or on a greenroof tour!
Watch previous speaker videos on our Albums / GreenroofsTV channels: 2017, 2015, 2013 and 2011.
- Send us an Abstract of your Proposed Video, either in writing or short under 1-minute video format (much more fun!). But it’s up to you.
- Please include: Video Title; Primary Presenter(s); Contact Info; Type(s) of vegetated LID (Low Impact Development) Living Architecture (for example greenroof, greenwall, green street, bioswale, bioretention pond, storm barrier, etc.); Abstract (300 word maximum); and Biography: (100 word maximum).
- We need engaged speakers: you MUST be available to participate in social media and make time for a Live Q & A!
By submitting your video, you grant Greenroofs.com permission to share your work with our readership via website, email, and on social media channels.
We are not looking for:
- General information on green roofs and/or green walls/living architecture/green infrastructure – we have a pretty sophisticated audience!
- Simply narrated PowerPoint presentations – sure you can show a few narrated slides, but overall it has to be lively and dynamic. Go outside and film your subject or film inside with people discussing and actively engaging with each other.
- Your entire video – please only send us What is listed above for now!
Send Abstract and/or Video Abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our distinguished 2019 Advisory Board and I will review all Video Abstracts to determine a diverse group of sustainability and living architecture professionals.
***New Updated Key Dates***
Upon acceptance of your video, specifics will follow but these are the Key Dates to keep in mind:
Call for Videos: April 19, 2019
New Call for Video Abstracts Due: Friday, June 14
New Notification of Accepted Videos: Friday, June 21
Completed Videos Due: July 26
The 2019 Virtual Summit is Open with Scheduled Live Happenings & Social Media Events: September 1-30
Thank you to our Diamond Sponsor:
Interested in Sponsorship and/or Exhibiting?
For additional info regarding Sponsorship, contact Aramis at: email@example.com | o: (770) 772-7334
|t: (888) 477-1326
Join Us and the World in September
The 2019 Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summit will be a fun and interactive experience for all.
We hope you join us online in September to learn and share your vision for a healthier planet enveloping living architecture with the world!
For additional info regarding the Call for Videos, contact me at:
Linda S. Velazquez, ASLA, LEED AP, GRP
Greenroofs.com Publisher & Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Virtual Summits Host