Position: Maintenance Technician
Company: Recover Green Roofs
Location: Greater Boston
Hours: Flexible, depending upon individual availability and Recover project needs
Compensation: Hourly, based on relevant experience and education
Recover seeks a qualified applicant for the part-time seasonal position of Maintenance Technician. This is a dynamic role responsible for, though not limited to performing, the following tasks:
- Assist in the hands-on installation, maintenance, and/or remediation of green roof projects, incl. planting, weeding, and related work on green roof systems, planters, irrigation, and other scopes as required, applicable, and appropriate based on project needs and demonstrated skill level.
- Carry out standard horticultural practices as required, including but not limited to planting, pruning, and fertilizing.
- Provide general assistance to Project Managers, Site Supervisors, and fellow crew members, both on and offsite.
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment on job sites, in the office/shop, and in Recover vehicles.
Maintenance Technicians are expected to complete tasks efficiently while following best safety practices and meeting our quality standards. As Recover is a growing company, this position has the potential to grow and develop considering our changing needs and subject to the successful completion of a standard 90-day evaluation period.
- Horticultural – Must have hands-on experience working with perennials, shrubs, and outdoor plantings and a knowledge of plant growth habits, overwintering practices, soil/water/feeding needs, and plant pathology. Familiarity with New England’s plant palettes and environments a plus.
- Irrigation – Hands-on experience with automated irrigation systems, including drip and sprinkler irrigation, a plus.
- Pest Management – Knowledge of organic pest management a plus.
- Must be reliable with a strong ability to both take direction and work independently.
- Must have excellent powers of communication and critical thinking skills.
- Must have an innate attention-to-detail and the ability to self-pace.
- Must have good references that can attest to your work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving in Boston a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Must be comfortable working on roofs under adverse weather conditions.
- Routine and/or frequent lifting of loads up to or greater than 50-75 lbs.
- Occasional non-routine overnight travel based on business need.
- Occasional scheduled work required on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Handling of and/or exposure to potentially hazardous materials.
We are a small but growing Boston-based green roofing company working with clients to design, build, and maintain rooftop gardens, amenity spaces, roof decks, and farms throughout New England. Recover works with a wide array of clients – from universities to private residences to restaurants. If you’re passionate about plants, sustainable building, New England, and working with a rad group of people, this is a special opportunity to grow with a great company.
Please submit resume and a brief description of your interests and availability to [email protected].