Company: Recover Green Roofs
Location: Greater Boston
Hours: Flexible, depending upon individual availability and Recover project needs
Compensation: Hourly, based on relevant experience and education
Recover seeks qualified applicants for part-time and/or full-time seasonal Builder positions. These are dynamic roles responsible for, though not limited to performing, the following tasks:
- Assist in the hands-on installation, maintenance, and/or remediation of green roof projects (incl. conveyance of and work on green roof systems, planters, irrigation, pavers, curbing, cast-in-place concrete, custom metal fabrications, custom woodworking/decking, masonry, and other scopes as required, applicable, and appropriate based on project needs and demonstrated skill level)
- Carry out standard horticultural practices as required, including but not limited to planting, pruning, and fertilizing
- Provide general assistance to Project Managers, Site Supervisors, and fellow crew members, both on and offsite
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment on job sites, in the office/shop, and in Recover vehicles
Builders are expected to complete tasks efficiently while following best safety practices and meeting our quality standards. As Recover is a growing company, these position have the potential to grow and develop considering our changing needs and subject to the successful completion of a standard 90-day evaluation period.
- Experienced and comfortable working with hand and power tools.
- Experienced working with plants and irrigation systems.
- Must be reliable with a strong ability to both take direction and work independently.
- Must have excellent powers of communication and critical thinking skills.
- Must have an innate attention-to-detail and the ability to self-pace.
- Must have good references that can attest to your work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving in Boston a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Must be comfortable working on roofs under adverse weather conditions.
- Routine and/or frequent lifting of loads up to or greater than 75-90 lbs.
- Non-routine overnight travel based on business need.
- Occasional scheduled work required on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Handling of and/or exposure to potentially hazardous materials.
We are a small but growing Boston-based green roofing company working with clients to design, build, and maintain rooftop gardens, amenity spaces, roof decks, and farms throughout New England. Recover works with a wide array of clients – from universities to private residences to restaurants. If you’re passionate about plants, sustainable building, New England, and working with a rad group of people, this is a special opportunity to grow with a great company.
Please submit resume and a brief description of your interests and availability to [email protected].