We are New York Green Roofs and we create some of the world’s most iconic rooftop landscapes. Our company was founded on the belief that sustainability through environmental change is a necessity. Creating that change requires a series of stakeholders: public and private property owners and individuals who believe in and can do the work.
Position: Assistant Designer/Project Manager/Estimator
Company: New York Green Roofs
Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA
We are looking for an efficient, poised team-player with a positive outlook, strong work ethic, the ability to prioritize, take direction, and demonstrate autonomous work habits to assist with design, project management, and estimating to help us produce projects from concept through completion in both design/build and bid/build manner.
Job Duties Include:
- Attend site visits/ client meetings
- Take on-site measurements/ photos
- Train for and eventually prepare proposals based on both in-house designs and bids requested from outside landscape designers/architects
- Assist in preparing design deliverables such as precedent images/mood boards, scaled landscape layouts, section diagrams, renderings, samples, construction documents, etc
- Read drawings and specifications
- Perform take-offs
- Create material lists and make orders
- Create job folders for crew leaders
- Work collaboratively with field staff, vendors and subcontractors
- CAD skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite
- Mastery of Word and Excel
- Experience conducting field verifications
- Knowledge of local plants and experience producing practical planting plans
- Self motivated, strong work ethic, superior design, graphic, and people communication skills, friendly
- Willing to juggle several projects with lead designer and two owners
- Driver’s license a plus
Rate of pay commensurate with experience and professional qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits, paid time off and a work environment and culture unlike no other. We believe that exemplary service and a best in class product leads to raving fans of our business. This belief extends not only to the end users, our clients, but also to our employees. We understand that no client will follow our lead unless they believe in our ability to deliver not only something more sustainable but something better. We are game changers. And we are redefining the skyline one project at a time. We love what we do and are looking for someone who shares our passion to join our team.
This is a full-time position.
Email resume and portfolio to: [email protected]