Green Roof Solutions is looking for a Customer Service / Account Manager in Glenview, IL.
Position: Customer Service / Account Manager
Job Posting: 12/8/18
Company: Green Roof Solutions
Location: Glenview, IL
Green Roof Solutions is a leader in a fast growing industry and we are looking for a motivated, organized individual to join our fun, fast paced work environment. This position’s main daily responsibilities are customer service, order processing, and logistics. However, involvement in long term projects such as product development and process improvement is encouraged. Candidates must be well spoken, polite, and have an understanding of material distribution and logistics. Candidates will be expected to build relationships and interact with current and potential clients while providing estimates and processing orders from the estimate phase through delivery.
An understanding of or background in the green roof industry is appreciated, but we are willing to train the right candidate. If your background is from outside this industry, we expect candidates to be willing and excited to learn. This is a significant career opportunity for the right person. Employees who demonstrate competence and excellence have the potential to work in many aspects of the business and gain responsibilities rapidly.
We value hard work and a willingness to jump into exciting and complex projects in our energetic and positive work environment. Please note that the person in this position is also welcome and encouraged to contribute their time and effort towards website development, social media marketing, special project organization, product development, and more! Let us know what you are interested in.
- General daily administration, including fielding phone calls and emails
- Vendor Management
- Preparing estimates for green roof components
- Managing orders, production, and shipping coordination
- Sourcing products as required, creating purchase orders and monitoring inventory
- Utilize QuickBooks for estimate, order, and inventory management
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-organized, thorough, and able to work independently
- Experience working in word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Ability to multitask on a daily basis in a fast paced environment
- Basic understanding of green roof construction is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience equivalent
- Strong interest in environmental stewardship and green infrastructure
- Collaborative and engaged mindset
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs, AutoCAD
- Familiarity with supply chain management / manufacturing / product design
Compensation & Hours:
This position is full time; compensation is negotiable and based on level of experience. Health/Dental benefits that include medical, dental, 401k and paid time off after 6 months of permanent employment. We are a small family run business and take pride in taking good care of our employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and your resume to: [email protected]