- This event has passed.
World Green Infrastructure Congress 2023
June 27 - June 29
You are invited to attend the World Green Infrastructure Congress 2023 in Berlin and Online: 27 – 29 June 2023!
The World Congress on Green Buildings 2023 will be a three-day event in five parallel sessions on all aspects of green buildings (roof, façade and interior greening) with the associated topics (including urban climate, rainwater management, sustainability, city of the future).
You’ll enjoy two days of congress plus one day of excursions. With opening greetings from the Federal Minister for Housing, Urban Development and Building, Klara Geywitz, and the Permanent Secretary, Dr. Silke Karcher, (Berlin Senate Department for the Environment, Urban Mobility, Consumer Protection and Climate Action), you’ll also hear keynote speeches from the German architect Christoph Ingenhoven, French botanist Patrick Blanc, and WOHA Architects will report online from Singapore on their projects.
Also, 90 lectures on current topics relating to roof, facade and interior greening are planned for June 27-28, 2023 in five parallel series of lectures. On June 29, 2023, excursions to various Berlin practice objects will take place.
Organized by Bundesverband GebäudeGrün e.V. (BuGG) with the support of WGIN and EFB
The World Congress of Building Greening in Berlin is a multi-day event concerning the greening of buildings (greening of roofs, façades and indoor areas) with the associated accompanying topics (e. g. urban climate, rainwater management, sustainability). At the end of the congress, there is the possibility to participate in excursions to special green roofs and façades in Berlin.
The congress offers:
- More than 100 speakers from different countries
- More than 40 exhibitors at the accompanying exhibition
- More than 20 cooperation partners
- Knowledge transfer of greening of buildings (greening of roofs, façades and indoor areas)
- Showing of best practice examples
- Transfer of knowledge by industry experts from Germany and abroad in parallel series of lectures and discussion rounds
- Networking. Meeting point. Addressing new target groups
- Interdisciplinary exchange of experience between city representatives, architects, city planners, urban water developers, industrial and property representatives, manufacturers, processors, researchers, associations, politicians and other interested parties
The World Congress of Building Greening is organized by the Bundesverband GebäudeGrün e.V. (BuGG) – the Federal Association of Green Buildings – in cooperation with the World Green Infrastructure Network (WGIN) and the European Federation of Green Roof Associations (EFB). Last held in Berlin as the World Green Infrastructure Congress 2017/World Congress Building Green 2017, over 800 people from 44 countries and 50 exhibitors participated in the congress along with its accompanying trade exhibition.
Publisher’s Note: Greenroofs.com is pleased once again to be a Media Partner for the World Green Infrastructure Congress 2023 in Berlin. Aramis and Linda will be attending and we’d love to see you! Please come to Linda’s presentation “2023 Top 10 List of Hot Resilient Trends in Greenroof & Greenwall Design” on the second day, Wednesday, June 28 at 11:30am in the Hall of Events.
- Join Us for the World Green Infrastructure Congress 2023 in #Berlin on June 27 – 29
- WGIC Berlin 2023 Deadlines: May 26 Normal Rate Registration & May 31 WGIN Awards Submittal
- World Green Infrastructure Congress 2023 in Berlin and Online: 27 – 29 June 2023
- WGIC 2023 in Berlin Call for Papers & Early Bird Registration: January 31