- This event has passed.
International Ecological Engineering Society 2023 Conference
October 1 - October 5
We are very pleased to invite you to join us at the International Conference “Closed cycles and the Circular Society 2023: The Power of Ecological Engineering” of the International Ecological Engineering Society (IEES).
The conference will be held between October 1st – 5th, 2023 in Platanias – Chania on the island of Crete, Greece with physical presence and is organised by the Laboratory of Environmental Engineering and Management of the Technical University of Crete.
This conference marks the 30th anniversary since the foundation of the IEES in 1993! In this frame, our aim is to deliver and spread the message of redefining the ecological engineering discipline and communicate the IEES’s vision of an ecology-inspired circular engineering, as declared in our Manifesto of Ecological Engineering. An extended spectrum of conference topics has been formed indicating this modern holistic approach of Ecological Engineering.
The general conference topics are the:
- Use of ecological elements and ecosystems to reduce pollution
- Use of ecosystems in a circular society
- Circular design and integrated planning approaches for increased resiliency
- Resource recovery and reuse
- Climate change, green and just transition, and carbon neutrality: the role of ecological engineers
- Regenerative agriculture
- Ecological Engineering and the mining industry
- Ecological Engineering Education
The official working language for the conference is English.
There will be oral and flash oral presentations and poster sessions.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Chania!