It’s time to get your creative juices rolling for the 2016 CitiesAlive Green Roofs and Wall Conference!
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities is seeking presentation proposals for its 14th Annual CitiesAlive Green Roofs and Wall Conference to be held in Washington, DC on November 1-4, 2016. This year’s conference theme is stormwater management – policies, technologies, design and best management practices.
As you know, Washington, DC is currently a leader in green roof implementation and policy and stormwater management is a critically important requirement here as well as many other jurisdictions.
Topic areas include:
- How to maximize stormwater retention – technologies and design;
- Policy best management practices – “feebates”, grant programs, credits, minimum standards, construction standards, maintenance standards;
- Green roofs and walls as part of an integrated building & site approach to stormwater management – case studies;
- The economics (costs + benefits) of various best management practices for stormwater retention – comparing apples to apples – short and medium term perspectives;
- Looking beyond stormwater to other tangible benefits and the role of private investment;
- Design and testing methods and measurement tools;
- Stormwater economics – flooding, erosion control, tanks;
- Stormwater as a resource – rainwater harvesting best practices, storage and irrigation systems. ~ CitiesAlive 2016
Please complete your submission online by February 26, 2016.
Read about the Application Process; Research, Design, and Policy Tracks; Benefits of presenting at CitiesAlive; Detailed Speaker Timeline, and much more here.
Haven Kiers and I will be submitting ours soon (probably at the last minute, as usual) for our 2016 Top 10 Lit of Hot Trends in Greenroof & Greenwall Design ~ make sure you don’t miss the deadline for yours!
~ Linda S. Velazquez, ASLA, LEEP AP, GRP