Position: Inside Sales Representative
Company: Columbia Green
Location: Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia
Compensation: Competitive + Bonus
Columbia Green is a growing Green Roof and amenity deck provider. We are a team of passionate and creative individuals who are committed to creating and selling products that better our world and economy. Columbia Green’s core technologies in green roofs and amenity decks are based in sustainability – helping to manage the quality / quantity of storm water, conserving energy use, and decreasing both air and water pollution. Cities across the world are using green roofs to manage these environmental issues. Columbia Green is a USA manufacturer, delivering products through domestic and international channels to meet those needs.
Growth and innovation are not only characteristics of Columbia Green’s technologies, but also our employees – who are the foundation of our success. Based on this principle, we provide a culture that not only encourages, but demands personal responsibility and a high level of entrepreneurism. As a result, we offer exciting and challenging work, coupled with excellent career development opportunities.
The Inside Sales Representative’s job is to help build and maintain the company’s Mid-Atlantic’s business opportunities. This person will support the company and the Mid-Atlantic Team. They will work directly with the Regional Sales Rep by tracking projects to help expand the Mid- Atlantic market and drive the company’s exponential growth in revenue with existing and new customers. This role will provide administrative and sales support to the Regional Sales Representative and the Senior Business Development Manager to help grow sales.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Direct Report to the Regional Sales Rep to support the region’s growing sales pipeline and relationships.
- Build and maintain key customer relationships with roofers, landscapers, general contractors the company’s key customer base by email, phone and networking events.
- Respond to and follow up with contractors and installers by email & telephone.
- Grow and manage job opportunity funnel with the Regional Sales Rep by meeting goals and objectives to ensure we meet revenue goals.
- Help manage all the quoting and estimating with the Regional Sales Rep.
- Get quantities from the installers to quote, doing project takeoffs and reading architect specifications.
- Use CRM tool to help follow up on jobs, quotes, enter data, etc.
- Collect and provide the Project Manager contact details for the GC, Installers, Developer, etc.
- Compile product submittal documentation for the customer and help with follow-ups.
- Keep the CRM tool up to date with the correct contact details for the job.
- Follow up with customers after jobs are shipped and send thank- you’s and do job site visits when needed to differentiate Columbia Green and the Mid-Atlantic team.
- Monitor and report on activities and summarize relevant project management information on a weekly basis to the Regional Sales Rep.
- Assist in helping to fill the sales pipeline by researching new opportunities using tool various tools available to the team.
- Ability to review project plans and extract relevant information in order to quote the job.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills via phone and email.
- Develop customer relationships and maintain a professional image with clients.
- Work confidently, independently, and efficiently, tracking projects and doing follow-ups through project phases.
- Work as a team player, understanding the roles in our growing company and how best to work with teammates and leverage their knowledge.
- Detailed oriented-ability to read architectural sell Columbia Green products.
- Exceptional customer service and follow-up; mindset to go above and beyond.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to manage a multi-state territory.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in comparable industries.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- Consultative selling style.
- Tenacious and a problem-solver. Sees a problem through and finds an acceptable solution for the customer.
- Impeccable follow-up.
Target sectors: Landscape Contractors, Roofing Contractors and General Contractors
Deni Herndon, CPA, CFF, CGMA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer