Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading manufacturer in single-ply roofing and related technology, has an immediate opening for a Technical Sales Representative, in Western Canada. This position is responsible for calling on authorized applicators to assist in bid/proposal preparation, answer questions, assist roofing field personnel on product/technical issues, update literature, and familiarize applicators with new systems and products. Other responsibilities include calling on owners, assisting Architects and Consultants, assist with field technical meetings and seminars, and assist Reps/Distributors in coordinating presentations and conferences. The TSR will assist the Regional Sales Manager in developing market specific development plans and securing competitive information from Reps/Distributors.
Travel requirements up to 75% including overnight travel.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Call on authorized applicator to assist in bid / proposal preparation, answer questions. Assist roofing field personnel on product / technical issues, update literature, and familiarize applicators with new systems and products.
- Call on owners and specified firms to provide current product information/literature.
- Assist Architects and Consultants in writing Carlisle specifications.
- Assist with field technical meetings, seminars, and pre-bid / pre-job conferences.
- Utilize Carlisle tools/services (RoofSense, Proposal Writer 3, SkyCalc, website etc.) to influence decision makers to utilize Carlisle roofing systems and products.
- Assist Regional Manager with implementing Contractor Programs, preparing reports, data verification, and collection of information.
- Assist Reps/Distributors in developing & performing market specific sales presentations, coordinating Carlisle Architect and Contractor conferences.
- Assist Regional Manager in developing & executing market specific development plans.
- Assist Regional Manager in securing competitive information from Reps/Distributors and contractors.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree is required in business, marketing, construction management or related field. In addition, at least two (2) plus years experience selling roofing or construction products is also required. Candidates must have strong interpersonal / communication skills, presentation skills and have the ability to work independently.
Carlisle Construction Materials offers a competitive benefits package which includes RRSP, medical/dental/prescription drug, life insurance, flex spending, holiday and vacation pay.