We all know that water is fundamental to life and to green infrastructure.
This theme is the highlight of the Green Roofs for Healthy Cities‘ (GRHC) CitiesAlive: 12th Annual Green Roof and Wall Conference in lively Nashville – Music City – and it’s less than two weeks away.
Held at the beautiful brand new Omni Nashville adjacent to the Music City Center on November 12 to 15, 2014 CitiesAlive Green Roof and Wall Conference delegates will explore the many ways in which greenroofs and walls can help manage our water resources more wisely. See the updated Conference Agenda.
Participants will dig into the science of performance, explore the many interrelationships between energy and water, and investigate the most forward thinking designs and policies that fuel essential innovation in green building and infrastructure.
A few of CitiesAlive 2014‘s features:
• Net Zero Water Boot Camp: The two-day “Net Zero Water Boot Camp” program examines the connections between water and energy usage in the built environment and identifies opportunities for managing these resources more wisely, developed by GRHC and the American Society of Irrigation Consultants, with support from Ewing Irrigation, Hunter Industries and Jeffrey L Bruce and Associates. Click here to register.
• “To Irrigate or Not to Irrigate?” – join the provocative debate featuring industry veterans Lois Vitt Sale (Not to Irrigate) and Lynda Wightman (To Irrigate), moderated by Vanessa Keitges.
• Learn from and network with wide assortment of talented speakers in the fields of design, research, and policy.
• Take a Tour of one of Nashville’s innovative and beautiful greenroofs.
• See what’s new with industry leaders at the Trade Show.
• Have fun at the Closing Reception BBQ and Beer-o-rama at the famous Whiskey Bent Saloon.
• Enjoy a diverse array of GRHC’s professional training courses.
• And much, much more! Take a look at “The Top10 Things You Can Only Do in Nashville.”
Make sure to read Greenroofs.com’s July Guest Feature Article Water: The Key To Everything Green – Why water will be the topic on everyone’s mind at CitiesAlive in Nashville, Tennessee this November by Rebecca Black, Director of Business Development, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities.
If you haven’t registered yet, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss the party! Visit http://citiesalive.org/ for more info.
Please join us in Music City for some good ole southern hospitality just under two weeks!
~ Linda V.