Are you all set for the 10th Annual CitiesAlive Green Roof & Wall Conference at the Congress Plaza Hotel in Chicago next week?
Presented by Green Roofs for Healthy Cities and the City of Chicago, it’s going to be quite a unique experience and lots of fun as well.
Learning, Networking, and Celebrating 10 Years in our Industry!
Here are some highlights:
– You’ll experience Phenomenal Programming with some of the foremost leaders in our fields with four concurrent sessions featuring expert speakers on policy, design and research topics. The “˜On the Roof With’ sessions provide an opportunity to learn from distinguished panelists and discuss emerging issues and opportunities with experts.
(Make sure to come to Haven Kiers’ and my “2012 Top 10 List of Hot Trends in Greenroof & Greenwall Design“ on Friday, October 19 from 2:30 – 4:00 pm.)
– The Training Courses on Wednesday, October 17 are leading-edge. Work towards your GRP or get professional education credits.
– Although the walking tours have been sold out for a while, the Bus Tours on Saturday, October 20 will also be fantastic!
– CitiesAlive serves as an opportunity for numerous Committee Meetings on Wednesday, October 17 (except for the GRP Committee on October 18th) – get involved with your association! Contact Paul Erlichman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
– The Trade Show is bigger and better than ever with 70+ exhibitors. See lots of cool new exhibits and experienced product and service providers – all happy to show you their wares and discuss your next project! Be there for the opening on Wednesday, October 17 @ 6:00 pm.
– “The Rise of Living Architecture“ book release will be celebrated on Thursday, October 18th from 1 – 2 pm in the Rendezvous Lounge at the Congress Plaza Hotel. Participants include architects and landscape architects, planners, engineers, policy makers, and the manufacturers who share their dreams and aspirations for the industry.
Steven Peck says:
“Congratulations! The Rise of Living Architecture Commemorative Edition is upon us and it is packed with fabulous pictures by Brad Temkin, an essay by yours truly, great interviews with many industry leaders, a Forward by outstanding biophilic academic Stephen Kellhert, as well as great project images and many insights into the future!!!”
I’m quite honored to be included in this commemorative book. You know I’ll be at the book signing, and I’ll also be giving away some of our brand new 2013 Greenroofs & Walls of the World™ Calendars.
Did you know that proceeds from the book will go to support ongoing training and development activities of GRHC and GIF?
– The Receptions, Lunches, Parties and After-Parties will be a wonderful time to reconnect with your colleagues and see friends you haven’t seen in a year!
See you next week!
~ Linda V.